Management and insurance under one roof

Expert advice with no hidden fees

The number of landlords that have incorrect insurance for their rental properties is staggering. Did you know the buildings insurance required for a rental property is different to a residential property? Having the wrong type can uncover issues, should a claim ever arise.

It's our duty to offer you advice on landlord insurance to check you have the right protection in place. Ultralets is a trading name of Synergy Forward Limited and is an appointed representative of HL Partnership Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

5 steps to make sure you're properly protected:

Initial phonecall

We find you a product

We present our solution

Put the policy in place

Remind you at renewal

Start the conversation

Get in touch with our in-house Protection Advisors with the address of the property you'd like insurance for and your contact details. You'll hear back from us promptly.

The guidance and / or information contained within this website is subject to the UK regulatory regime and is therefore targeted at consumers based in the UK. Synergy Forward Limited is registered in England and Wales with company number 07420137.
Registered office: Block A, Unit 78 Flemingate, Beverley, HU17 0NQ.

Frequently asked questions

  • What is Landlord insurance?

    Similar to home insurance, Landlord insurance is cover that protects the property for the major perils such as fire/flood/storm/theft, with added protection for perils specific to property that is rented.

  • A high excess has prevented me from claiming in the past, can you change this?

    High excess amounts are becoming increasingly common as providers drive down premiums to attract ever more price driven customers. We want you to be able to claim on the cover we arrange should you ever need to. Naturally, some claims warrant a higher excess than others but we will always discuss this with you before we arrange cover.

  • Why are Ultralets now doing insurance?

    It's our duty to offer our landlords advice on landlord insurance to ensure you have the right protection in place should you ever need to claim. Having Protection Advisors in-house gives you access and advice on first class products offered by market-leading 3rd party insurance providers. Ultralets, a trading style of Synergy Forward Ltd is an appointed representative of HL Partnership Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.

  • Why should I use Ultralets?

    Do you know how long your insurance company permits your property to be vacant for? If you insure with us, we’ll manage this on your behalf so your cover remains valid and you spend less time on hold with your insurer each time we let your property.

    Be it a burst water pipe, or a case of tenant arrears, our team of lettings experts will liaise directly with the insurance company to provide supporting documentation when you make a claim.

    When was the last time you informed your insurance company of a tenancy change resulting in more people calling your property home? This may cause you a problem should you ever need to make a claim. We have a system in place that will take care of this for you.

    We will also re-price for you at renewal stage for free, so that we can be sure you have the cover you need.

    Want more information? Read our latest blog on the subject here.

  • Can I save money by going directly to the insurer?

    In some instances, yes. However it is important to know that the product X insurer offers on their website differs from the products offered by intermediaries like ourselves. (You will see a different product again on the price comparison sites).

    Buying direct also means you miss out on the advice that we offer for free, as well as the benefits that come with arranging your insurance ‘In-house’ with the people who manage your property.

    Want to read more about the pitfalls of buying property insurance through a comparison site, click here.

  • Why is your offering different to your competitors?

    There are very few agents that are able to offer insurance products. Those that do either refer business elsewhere in exchange for a fee or offer a single product in a ‘Take it or leave it’ style transaction.

    Synergy Forward Limited, trading as Ultralets are appointed representatives of HL Partnership Limited which is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. This means our Protection Advisors are licensed to advise on insurance products from different providers, and have a responsibility to ensure these products meet your needs.

  • Do I need to know my rebuild cost?

    In some cases, yes. In order to give you a wide range of product options we have a panel of insurers who each have different underwriting strategies. Some operate a blanket £1 million limit of cover, while others provide an estimate which we will then check with you. The rebuild value can be found on the survey taken when you purchased the property.

  • Do I need Landlord insurance?

    It’s not a legal requirement to have Landlord Insurance, but it is a condition of your mortgage (if you have one). It’s also best practice for responsible Landlords because the cover protects both you and your Tenant.

  • What should Landlord insurance include?

    Buildings insurance, property owners’ liability, trace and access, cover for keys and locks, alternative accommodation, theft or damage by tenants. Optional extras such as Legal Expenses cover are also becoming increasingly popular for Landlords seeking additional protection as the sector becomes more legally complex.

  • I’m worried about malicious damage above the security deposit total, am I covered?

    If you’re insured with us then you are covered for damages caused by the tenant. If you have not arranged cover through Ultralets then please get in touch with Jack who will review your policy for free. Want more information? Read our latest blog on the subject here.

  • I’m worried about loss of rent, can you cover me for this?

    We are able to offer this cover, combined with tenant eviction insurance. Unlike other providers, we have tailored our lettings process to increase the likelihood of a successful claim. However, there are certain requirements that must be met for this policy to be valid, so we will need to review each case individually to make sure the tenancy complies with the policy.

  • What’s the renewal process?

    Along with the insurer that we place you with, we will be in touch with you around 30 days before your renewal date to discuss your thoughts and renew your policy.

  • Do you do home insurance as well?

    Yes, our target to get all Landlords access to first class cover extends to your main residence as well.

  • Do I have to come into the office?

    While we would love to meet with you here at our office, we understand that our clients are busy people, that's why we've made sure that appointments can be conducted over the phone or via Microsoft Teams to suit your availability.

Optional added extras landlords benefit from

Landlords often opt for added protection for their peace of mind. Some of the extras listed below come as standard with Landlord insurance policies. Arrange a consultation with a member of our protection team to discuss any of them further:

Rent protection

Protecting yourself against loss of rental income

Legal expenses

Protecting yourself against legal disputes that relate to your rental property

Accidental damage

Protecting your property from one-off accidents and out of pocket expenses

Landlords emergency

Round the clock assistance for all sorts of domestic disasters

Our customers rate us as an excellent local agent

Google Reviews Image